Terms & Conditions
Ahmed Driving School is the trading name of Ahmed Driving School Limited and shall be referred to throughout these terms of business as ADS.
ADS engages directly with individual franchised driving instructors, who are self-employed and act in their capacity as franchisees of ADS under the terms of a franchise agreement between ADS and the instructor. The contract for driving tuition is solely between you and your instructor.
LEARNER DRIVER – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In order to have driving lessons you must:
- Be aged 17 or older (16 or over if disabled)
- Hold a driving licence that is valid for the UK (provisional, full or an appropriate foreign licence)
It is your responsibility to provide your instructor with proof that you have a valid licence to drive before the commencement of your first driving lesson. If you fail to provide this proof, your instructor is entitled to refuse to conduct the driving lesson but may still charge you for such driving lesson.
PAYING FOR LESSONS
PRE-PAYING WITH RED
ADS operates its website and its contact centre in order to allow you, the customer, to purchase driving lessons packages with a ADS driving instructor. You can pay for driving lessons in advance via one of the following methods:
As part of its booking service, ADS confirm and agree that the following shall apply to all pre-paid bookings:
- Your funds will be held in a designated Client Account keeping them separate from the trading assets and liabilities of ADS;
- Your funds held in the Client Account will only be used to pay your instructor on a lesson by lesson basis once each lesson has been delivered to you;
- Payment from your funds to the instructor for lessons delivered will only be made in circumstances where you have not raised a dispute with ADS in line with the policy detailed below;
- Following delivery of each driving lesson, your instructor will claim the money for your delivered lesson. Then the instructor will automatically receive payment from your funds held in the Client Account for the driving lesson delivered.
- In the event of a query or dispute about any aspect of your driving lessons or your instructor, you should contact ADS within the 24 hours and we will endeavour to resolve the issue promptly.
PAYING YOUR INSTRUCTOR DIRECTLY
You can also pay for lessons by paying your instructor directly without involving ADS. Your instructor will confirm which payment methods they can accept. If you pay your instructor directly you should obtain a receipt. ADS does not accept any responsibility for any payments you make directly to your instructor.
ADS operates a “No Quibble Refund Guarantee”. If you decide you no longer wish to have driving lessons through ADS, we will refund any funds remaining in your Client Account in line with the refund terms below, without charge.
For security reasons, any refund of your funds will be made back to the card from which the original payment was taken. If for any reason those card details have become invalid before any refund can be made, ADS reserves the right to verify the identity of the person requesting the refund and seek verification of the validity of any alternative card or bank account details provided by you.
Our “No Quibble Refund Guarantee” only applies to funds initially paid to ADS and held on your behalf in the Client Account.
Any funds paid directly to your instructor are not protected by this guarantee.
Funds paid to ADS for prepaid driving lessons to be provided by your instructor must be applied to driving lessons by you within six months of the date of your original payment to ADS. You acknowledge that after the expiry of this six month period, you will not be entitled to a refund of any funds not applied to driving lessons or to utilise these funds for booking further driving lessons. If, at any point during this six month period you determine that you do not wish to take any more of your prepaid driving lessons, you are entitled to a refund of the balance of your funds. To request a refund, contact ADS here.
You can only pay for driving lessons via the methods outlined above. You cannot pay for driving lessons via any other method and neither ADS nor your instructor accept any liability for monies for lessons paid for by any other method than those outlined above.
We do not for example arrange driving lessons through any social media channel or auction site or any other website. Where a partner promotion offers discounted lessons, a promotion code will be provided to enable you to purchase the discounted lessons on our website or through our contact centre. If you are in any doubt about the validity of any offer you find, online or elsewhere, for driving lessons with a ADS instructor, contact ADS here.
You must give at least 48 hours’ notice to your instructor if you wish to cancel or re-arrange a booked driving lesson. Failure to do so may result in your instructor charging you the full amount for that driving lesson.
TRANSFERRING PREPAID LESSONS
You cannot sell or transfer driving lessons which have been purchased in your name to any other person.
- An introductory offer is only available to new customers with ADS Driving School and only one introductory offer is allowed per customer.
- ADS reserves the right to remove or amend any introductory offers at any time.
- ADS reserves the right to reject a purchase of the 6 hours introductory package if it is deemed inappropriate for either the customer or the Driving Instructor.
- Details of our current offers can be found on our website.