As we read from DVAS or many diffrent theory book we usually find there are only two diffrent roundabouts
- Mini Roundaboust
- Big Rounadbouts
However, my own experince of driving, teaching and watching other do grow on driving I think there wear 4 diffrent roundbaouts
- Mini Roundabouts
- Medium-size Roundabouts
- Big Roundaboust
- Biggest Roundabouts
Now I would liek to go through one by steap by step to understand how roundabouts works, what is routine & how to make yourself and others safe on roads.
We have provided a list of questions and suggested answers to the ‘TELL ME’ safety check questions that the examiner will ask at the beginning of a driving test.
The examiner will ask the candidate a ‘Tell me’ question when the candidate reaches the vehicle, this will be asked before the driving element of the test begins.
TELL ME QUESTIONS
1. Tell me how you’d check that the brakes are working before starting a journey.
Brakes should not feel spongy or slack. Brakes should be tested as you set off. Vehicle should not pull to one side.
2. Tell me where you’d find the information for the recommended tyre pressures for this car and how tyre pressures should be checked.
Manufacturer’s guide, use a reliable pressure gauge, check and adjust pressures when tyres are cold, don’t forget spare tyre, remember to refit valve caps.
3. Tell me how you’d check the tyres to ensure that they have sufficient tread depth and that their general condition is safe to use on the road.
No cuts and bulges, a minimum of 1.6mm of tread depth across the central three-quarters of the breadth of the tyre, and around the entire outer circumference of the tyre.
4. Tell me how you make sure your head restraint is correctly adjusted so it provides the best protection in the event of a crash.
The head restraint should be adjusted so the rigid part of the head restraint is at least as high as the eye or top of the ears, and as close to the back of the head as is comfortable.
Note: Some head restraints might not be adjustable.
5. Tell me how you’d check the brake lights are working on this car.
Explain you’d operate the brake pedal, make use of reflections in windows or doors, or ask someone to help.
6. Tell me how you’d know if there was a problem with your anti-lock braking
Warning light should illuminate if there is a fault with the anti-lock braking system.
7. Tell me how you’d check the power-assisted steering is working before starting a journey.
If the steering becomes heavy, the system may not be working properly. Before starting a journey, 2 simple checks can be made.
Gentle pressure on the steering wheel, maintained while the engine is started, should result in a slight but noticeable movement as the system begins to operate.
Alternatively turning the steering wheel just after moving off will give an immediate indication that the power assistance is functioning
8. Tell me how you’d check that the headlights and tail lights are working. You don’t need to exit the vehicle.
Explain you’d operate the switch (turn on ignition if necessary), then walk round vehicle (as this is a ‘tell me’ question, you don’t need to physically check the lights).
9. Tell me how you’d switch on the rear/front fog light(s) and explain when you’d use it/them. You don’t need to exit the vehicle.
Operate switch (turn on dipped headlights and ignition if necessary). Check warning light is on. Explain use.
10. Tell me how you’d check the direction indicators are working. You don’t need to exit the vehicle.
Explain you’d operate the switch (turn on ignition if necessary), and then walk round vehicle (as this is a ‘tell me’ question, you don’t need to physically check the lights).
10. Tell me how you switch your headlight from dipped to main beam and explain how you’d know the main beam is on.
Operate switch (with ignition or engine on if necessary), check with main beam warning light.
11. Open the bonnet, identify where you would check the engine-coolant level and tell me how you would check that the engine has the correct level.
Identify high/low level markings on the header tank where fitted or radiator filler- cap; describe how to topup to correct level.